Monday, December 24, 2007

Guns and Roses

After reading Dan's comment in my last note,which was a mini scene between two people, I had the urge to write something. What would our feminist Germaine Greer say to something like, "victoria secrets" and "lotion" being the remedy in relationships I wonder,especially if men were to buy them as answers to turbulent situations. Hmm, maybe the Wife of Bath might flash her very 'gapped' tooth in vehement agreement to a new set of lingerie and lotions. Maybe even Paris Hilton might clap her hands in glee afterall Victoria Secrets was the end-all and the be-all for women and I suspect unwittingly so for men and their pockets.

I suspect that since I am a little like an alien,or a 'ghost' as described by Maxim Hong Kingston in regards to displaced women or the "other-ed" category I might be bemused more than ecstatic when greeted with such an interesting reception. Maybe throw in a little more stereotype like a "Mr Darcy" character from "Pride and Prejudice" and a dazzling compromise of words after an argument with "Mr Darcy" winning his lady at the end of it all with a little coquettish twist. That, and an exquisite suit of the finest Fall/Winter design from Victoria Secret's latest lingerie coupled with one of those AK-47 babies from guerilla warfare would make an emblem of "Guns" and er roses from the lingerie.

I wonder if women can be bought. Oh,what am I talking about? Isn't it already a tale aged old? How about an order like, a "burger with large fries,coke and a girlfriend, on the side.Oh, supersize that, the meal,not the girlfriend mister!"

Sorry mail-order brides,I would rather spell "male-ordered brides."

No comments: